Sacred Vessels was built for the Creature Feature challenge at Amassment, a site and board for lovers and makers of shrines and tributes on the Web. It was built on the Bootstrap framework and uses colours from the palette Urban Gypsy. Official art from Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne by Kazuma Kaneko.
- District of Tokyo, famous for its temples. In the game, it is the home of the Manikins.
- Assembly of Nihilo
- Organisation of demons led by Hikawa, striving to achieve a world of silence and stillness.
- Commercial and entertainment district of Tokyo. In the game, it is the base of the Mantra.
- Red-lights district of Tokyo, also called the sleepless town. In the game, it houses a prison of the Mantra where they keep Manikins for torture.
- The seed of creation illuminating the Vortex in the form of a variable star with phases like the Moon. The goal of the Vortex World is for a human bearing a Reason to succeed in presenting said Reason to Kagutsuchi so a new world can be created according to that Reason.
- Bodhisattva, and in some part of East Asia, goddess, of compassion.
- Life energy produced by all that lives. The greatest source of magatsuhi is human emotions. The second greatest is Manikins, made of human emotions. Since negative emotions produce more magatsuhi, the Manikins are enslaved and tortured to produce more.
- Mantra Army
- Loose organisation of demons with a hierarchy and societal rules based on physical power.
- Philosophy that a human conceived to build the next world upon. There are three official human Reasons in the game: Shijima, Musubi and Yosuga.
- Tokyo's oldest temple, dedicated to the bodhisattva Kannon.
- Yahirono Himorogi
- A stone artefact containing an enormous power and lots of magatsuhi.
- Yosuga (Reason of)
- Reason claiming the weak are unworthy of life and must be eliminated. Led by Chiaki Hasakaya. Supported by the angels.
- Bodhisattva who embodies the compassion of all Buddhas. The Dalai-Lama is said to be a manifestation of this bodhisattva.
- In Buddhism, a bodhisattva is any being who has wished to obtain enlightenment for the greater good of all sentient beings, motivated by the compassion s/he felt for them.